Saturday, September 5, 2015

Where's the Marble? | Pompeii, Italy


Amphitheater
Pompeii, Italy

Imagine what grandeur this amphitheater would have had if marble covered the entire thing?  Some of the marble were replaced to show what it might have been.  "If everything were perfectly preserved because the destruction was sudden, then where are all the marbles?"  I asked the tour guide.  He answered with a shrug and these words:   "You probably seen the beautiful marble decorations in San Pietro?"  I get it...  If, in digging a well to find some water, I find beautifully preserved marble, why!  I would definitely take them home too and decorate my abode with it :-)  Won't you?

Up Next:  Sailing Back In Time  |  Adventures in the Mediterranean

See all Pompeii articles.
CLICK IMAGE to see
all Pompeii articles.
 ***
Mediterranean Cruise
CLICK IMAGE for More Posts
on this awesome Cruise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.