"Beauty is being the best possible
version of yourself on the inside and out."
This sweet pink bow is a delicate touch of beauty for your outfit. It's perfect for any day, even to lighten up the mood of an otherwise grey day... not to mention, how can one be so sad working with this girly color. Wear it and get lots of compliments. Or give it to your girlfriends and they will be delighted to receive this girly gift from you.
This is also an excellent way to use up scraps of yarn - of course, you can make this pretty pink bow, really, in other colors... lol... And best of all, it is super easy to do. You really just need two basic crochet skills: single crochet and double crochet. IF you need help on this, just click on them to see my simple YouTube Tutorials. You'll be crocheting like an expert in no time!
You will need:
worsted weight yarn
size 5.00 mm hook
needle and sewing thread with color similar to your bow yarn
Gauge is not critical for this project.
Notes: (1) The alternating tallness of the single crochet against the double crochet on each row creates the lovely texture on this pretty, delicate bow. Each Row starts with a chain 2 (counts as double crochet) and ends with a double crochet.
(2) The first single crochet in every row should be stitched on the same stitch as the beginning chain 2. Whereas the last double crochet of the row should be stitched on the turning chain (that is the beginning chain 2 of the previous row.) This way, you will have a nice, straight edges to your bow.
(3) US crochet terminology used.
The Pink Bow:
Single crochet on the second chain from the hook and continue to all remaining stitches.
Important: Crochet on the back bars of the chain only to leave a finished edge to your bow.
Row 2: (please see notes (2) as to the first single crochet of each row and last double crochet)
Chain 2, Turn your work,
(single crochet, double crochet) on remaining stitches.
Repeat Row 2 until desired width of bow is achieved. For my bow in the picture, I did 17 rows.
Last Row (Row 18): Single crochet on all stitches. Fasten off.
Band: Use two strands of the worsted weight yarn and chain 12. Knot the ends, cut one of the yarns and leave a long strand of the other for sewing.
1. On the middle of the bow, fold the bow so that you have even ruffles and when you are satisfied, tie it securely with a piece of yarn.
2. Use a similar color thread to sew the clip into the middle part of the bow.
3. Place band on the middle of the bow and sew it securely. You may secure the band on top of the outer part of the hair clip.
4. Weave all ends using a tapestry needle.
And enjoy your new Pink bow!
I hope that you will have fun doing this very easy project. If you decide to make it, please share your photos with me either on Facebook or on Instagram (#wovenhugs @woven_hugs). I loooooove to see your work as well. Thank you so much for your support friends and family! Have a wonderful day!
Linking to: Our World Tuesday and Mosaic Monday