Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sunset DragonFly | Nature | OMD2 Theme: Signature Design


Is there a design that you make every so often that when others see it they could exclaim: "That is so you!"  When it comes to nail art, I don't know if I found my niche design yet.  Truth be told, I like nude, unassuming colors on my nails.  Perhaps a sheer pink, as in french mani... or a plain, clear coat even!  But what fun is that? So, inspired by this little dragonfly, I present to you kind-of a signature style...

PrettyNailsAndTea | DragonFly

We live close by a park with a pretty little lake in it.  Hubby and I took a long walk a few evenings ago... I really liked the grass that grew on the side of the lake.  It reminds me of the riverbanks back home and the times where my sister and I would play around there and catch some dragon flies.  Okay, she and my other cousins would try to catch it.  I prefer just watching them and admiring their colors... We walked while we watched the sunset grace the skies.  Turning the atmosphere into a parade of yellow to red colors.  What a delight...


So, you could probably tell by now where I drew inspiration from for my next mani.  It's not a signature design but a signature me... You know, being nostalgic, sometimes dramatic ~ also a love for yellow and nature.

PrettyNailsAndTea | DragonFly

Pardon the execution, lol.  I'm not really a good painter, but I try.  I had in mind the grass, the sunset and the dragonfly... At least I nailed the dragonfly part... he he.  It is a simple placement of rhinestones ~ shaped into the form of a dragonfly.

PrettyNailsAndTea | DragonFly

And I'll let the original elements of creation play it's natural part for "nature."  I mean really, how lovely are these flowers?  And isn't the greenery in the background so refreshing?

PrettyNailsAndTea | DragonFly

I used a bunch of colors and materials for this mani/nail art.  A white polish for the background.  Then I did a gradient, starting from the base of my nails to the tips, using the lightest color to the darkest.  I used yellow, light orange, orange and red.  For the grass, I was going for silhouettes... I thought of black but preferred a lighter shade, so I went with white and brown.

I used a pair of tweezers with a small piece of sponge to do the gradient.  The edges of the colors and drawings were rough but the top coat smoothed them well. Giving me a nice glossy finish.

PrettyNailsAndTea | DragonFly

I hope that you enjoyed this mani and my mini-nostalgias...  How about you?  Any favorite childhood memories?  And what is your signature design?

PrettyNailsAndTea | DragonFly

Have a lovely day, full of love and joy!.... xoxo Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.