"What do you do when you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can't move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. If it hasn't been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won't be troubling you much longe.: ~ Douglas Adams quote (British comic writer 1952-2001)
There was a time when I would have thought "oh no! oh no!" When you paint something and it comes out smooth, and then as it begins drying it starts to crack. Only with an artists perspective can one say, "oh that is interesting..." Then they come up with creative ideas. Something good always comes out from bad things/situations. Such is true for the "Crackle Polish" ...
There was a time when crackling polish was a craze. It seems that it laid-low now and I don't see it that often anymore. I thought it is a good idea though for an "Abstract" themed nail art challenge. Here are Avon's Mosaic Effects Top Coat. The colors are pretty, very opaque and shimmery... They paint rather smoothly. As it dries, it turns into this abstract of a beauty.
1. Paint your nails with your favorite base coat.
2. Add one or two coats of white polish depending on how opaque you want it to be. (Black gives it another dimension of design. Of course, you can use any polish of your choice as a base.)
3. Make sure your base is dry. (If using a dark colored base, such as black, apply top coat first and let it dry. That way, the color of your Mosaic Topcoat does not blend with your base.)
4. Apply an moderate layer of the Mosaic Topcoat. Do not go over the polish with the brush a second time. I'm not sure why but this disrupts the 'cracking effect'
5. Watch the polish crack, it's fun.
6. Wear it as is or add a topcoat for a beautiful shine.
I'm really happily surprised at how good this mani turned out. It's so easy and beautiful!
Do you like it?
Polish Names: Red Lava, Gold Glimmer, Fiery Fuschia, Gleaming Emerald, Plum Illusion all from Avon for $4.99 Cad each.
I hope you enjoyed this polish swatch/nailart today. Please don't forget to leave me a kind word or two in the comments section below.
I wish you lots of love and joy. xoxo Maya
For more Nail Art designs, please visit my Nail Art Gallery