Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Attempting to be a Seamstress and NOTD :)


Today, I attempted to match my Outfit of the Day (OOTD) with my Nails of the Day (NOTD)...  It wasn't that long ago that I learned what these letters meant... Ha ha, bit behind huh?

Here is my simple yet lovely mani.  It's called "Orchid Splash" from Avon.  It's one of the cheaper polishes out there but I do like the quality of these very much.  It has good opacity.  I used two coats of Orchid Splash on this particular mani, although sometimes one coat is enough.  Depending on how rough I am with my fingers, this polish can be pretty durable too :) 


Isn't this pastel purple just lovely?  It can really brighten a gloomy, rainy day if you ask me.  I also got kind complements on my quartz floral ring that I also got from Avon. :)



I opted for a simple mani this time.  My floral dress is already a very busy floral, whew... so I thought a simple swatch of polish would be enough... would actually be pretty.  Agree? (or not? :-))  

This dress is one of my early sewing projects.  When I saw the fabric at the store, I instantly fell in love with it.  I used several dress patterns and kind-of mixed-and-matched them to achieve this dress.  I wanted to put a lining to it but the pink fabric was a lot cheaper than a good quality lining.  Just as well, it actually added some character to it. 

Maybe one day, I would be able to do a nail art design just like this one... I think it is just so pretty... Well, if you already designed one, please do share it with me on Instagram or Facebook (links on the blog heading :)




During the day, I accompanied a friend to visit a lady whom she thought came from the same country as me.  She was right... I was rewarded with a new friend and some yummy food...  This is a popular Filipino appetizer (or an afternoon snack).  The thin ones are made of meat ("lumpiang shanghai") and the thicker ones are made of vegetables (spring rolls - "lumpia").


I hope you enjoyed my blog of the day... I know it's not all polish related... How about you, what other things do you like to do {besides nail art}?  Please share below...  I surely want to know them.  I'll be looking forward to your comments :)

Have a great day!

Ciao Bellas!
~*Maya*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.