Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Snow Queen "Elsa" - More Glitter Fun



Elsa - The Snow Queen :)

Inspired by the iridescent and pretty blue dress that Queen Elsa from the movie "Frozen" wore, I have been thinking of glistening blue glitters.  Isn't that color just refreshingly beautiful?  I concocted a mix of various shaped loose-glitters in the same color and I was quite excited to give it a try.

Then again, removing glitter polish is a royal pain.  So...


Winter Blues of Prettiness :)

I saw a tutorial on the ever wonderful resource site - YouTube - and found a great tutorial about using glue as a basecoat.  It made removing glitter polish so easy.  It just peels off!  And yet,  the manicure still seems to remain quite hardy.  Try? Of course!  Off I go and purchased a bottle of Elmer's glue.  (While I'm at it, I also purchased more glitters, bunch of scissors, glue gun and more glitter polish, ha ha... Nailart turns into arts and crafts girls!  Not that I'm ever gonna need the hot glue gun for nail designing... Or will I?!?)

It became a Glue-as-a-basecoat and Loose-Glitter-Mixing experiment for me.  If this glue thing works, that means I'd be able to experiment more on glitters... yay!  Painlessly, you know what I mean?

Anyway... I'm planning to wear the polish design on my fingers for how ever long it will take for it to wear.  Oh wait, did I just say that?  Ouch! I always like changing my manicure... very often actually... So, we'll see... I'm just quite curious at how long it will last.


While I contemplate on that idea, please let me know if you like this design or not?  I thought I was able to capture a little bit of  the blue from Queen Elsa's gown...  It's a really nice pop of color against my big black down-feather coat.  Although in the end, it might have been great to have some different hues to add depth. Oh well, as dear Miss PiNK says, "we try and try again".  Practice makes perfect they say, right? I'm gonna try making different combinations.  I placed the flowers to make the design more feminine.  But it's more on trying out the loose glitters actually.

I'll be posting more pics on this design as well as the glue results next :)  I was just really excited to share my design with you...

What do you think? Did it work?

~*Maya, the Queen of.... er... the Lacquer-Head :) *~


For more Nail Art designs, please visit my Nail Art Gallery
Thank you and have a fancy nails day! 


Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.