Monday, October 21, 2013

Hopewell Rocks

 Hopewell Rocks also known as Flower Pot Rocks

Kayak or walk on the seabed.
Come and visit with me ~ The world's highest tides at Hopewell Rocks, Fundy, NB.


Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

Hopewell is a small town in New Brunswick, situated along the Fundy Bay.  It boast Flower Pot Rocks aka Hopewell Rocks ~ where one could see the highest tide changes on the planet.  Personally, I haven't seen this place at high tide yet.  There's so many things to visit at the Fundy National Park that we often spend the time sight seeing somewhere else while waiting for the waters to drop.  After all, walking on the sea bed, under the sea, is quite thrilling.  But I sure want to see high tide too, and maybe kayak around the massive rocks.  That would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?


The park closed for the season on October 14.  Whew, just in time for a friend to come and see it.  She was visiting from Toronto over the long weekend and it's her first time in New Brunswick.  I'm glad that she got to see this beautiful place.

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary
View from the "Big Cove" view deck.
The ocean at low-tide.
Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

One of rocks looks like a dinosaur's head on this angle.  Can you spot the man behind the rocks here?  Isn't it humbling how small man is compared to these massive rocks?

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

Those black patches you see on the ground are sea weeds. They have air-packets that allows the plant to wave beautifully under water.

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary
Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary
Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary
The metal stair case that goes back up into the view deck.

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary
The view on top of the metal stair case.
Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

At evening time the waters becomes boisterous, starts to rise and slowly fills up the shore...
Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary
Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary


I've been here a couple of times and I never really inspected closer to the water.  Yeah, I'm a bit of a sissy not wanting to dirty up my shoes.  On my third visit this year, I became more adventurous... Oh no, mud on my boots!  This was just the beginning. Mud brought out the child in me again. Funny how certain things, smell, color... can make the mind recall precious moments.

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary
Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary
I stood on one of the mounds full of sea weed, very close to the water.  Afraid that I would fall, I would test my footing before I finally dig my feet on to the ground.  That helps in keeping stable as the mud is very smooth and slippery.  Can never be too safe :)  As it is was almost evening time, the cold wind was picking up and it's starting to get really cold on the shore.  A hint that it was time to go.

Fundy National Park - A Pinay's Diary

I imagine the wind's whispering "Until next year!" as it makes a swishing noise on my ear.  I say that actually to tease my friend wanting her to visit again another time. I can't believe another day has passed and she's only got one more day left with us in Moncton.  Somehow, she represented all the first and loyal friends I made during my early years in Canada.  "Do you remember the time when..." or "oh, that happened?!?".... It's great to reminisce with old friends, I haven't done this in a very long time.  Moments like this makes me wish that I am close by to all those I hold dear.

"Maybe next year, we can come back at high-tide and actually kayak?," I asked hubby with a cheeky smile and wide open eyes while raising and lowering my eyebrow.  That would be quite something isn't it? O, something to look forward to next summer...

What do you look forward to?




Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a message.
"Like apples of gold in silver carvings, is a word spoken at the right time." ~ Proverbs 25:11.